What type of Collision Shape are better for Terrain?

Chaz

Re: What type of Collision Shape are better for Terrain?

Post by Chaz »

xexuxjy wrote:well I'm stumped at the moment I'm afraid. Height map works 'inconsistently' unless all all the height values are the same, i.e. it's flat. Mesh renders correctly in debug draw and normals for surfaces seem correct just most of the time things fall through the world anyway. Changing collision shape size or initial speed don't seem to help much and for the life of me I can't see how it's being handled any differently then in the concave mesh demo in terms of the triangle processing. If I have any flashes of inspiration I'll update this but stuck for now sorry :(
you did your best, thanks for that xD
i'll be use bvhTriangleMesh till your flashes of inspiration
xexuxjy

Post by xexuxjy »

And finally I stop being dim and remember that Java doesn't support ref types like c# , ho hum.
Anyone the attached jar and source jar has a working HeightfieldShape and a version of the TerrainDemo you can use as a reference. Or you could stick with your triangle mesh shape :)
Attachments
patch-jbullet-src.txt
(552.41 KiB) Downloaded 269 times
patched-jbullet.txt
(722.93 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
Chaz

Post by Chaz »

xexuxjy wrote:And finally I stop being dim and remember that Java doesn't support ref types like c# , ho hum.
Anyone the attached jar and source jar has a working HeightfieldShape and a version of the TerrainDemo you can use as a reference. Or you could stick with your triangle mesh shape :)
wowowowow!!! duuuude! xD
I did not got message about your message and saw it only now. And actually I took some "little" relax and forgot about jbullet for some time. But was going to do terrain from triangle shape tomorrow, that's why I'm here now!
your answer are big surprise for me, thanks thanks thanks!!!