Bullet 3 GPU Pipeline

Richmar1

Bullet 3 GPU Pipeline

Post by Richmar1 »

Hello all! My name is Richard. I have integrated Bullet 2 into a game engine called CRYENGINE. To be more specific, I am converting my previous implementation to a GPU/CPU OpenCL only implementation using Bullet 3. Unfortunately, a lot of information is unclear to me. It would appear that the entire API has changed for Bullet 3. Using Bullet 3, I am able to create a CPU and GPU context and step the simulation each frame with no objects in the world. My question is whether the Bullet 3 API is currently able so simulate soft-bodies on the GPU, such as cloth, deformation, and jelly? I was also wondering if a GPU-based fluid simulation solution is integrated into Bullet 3. Is there anywhere I can look that will allow me to study the Bullet 3 API in more depth, or is the documentation just non-existent? I have read a lot of the C++ demos and found it very useful. However, it has nothing to say on GPU soft-bodies or GPU fluid. Can anyone point me to any documentation or provide any help? Thank you a lot and I enjoyed Bullet 2 when I implemented it fully into CRYENGINE. As a side-note, I am an advanced C++ API library writer and have no issues being pointed to code snippets or even full blown examples. Anything will help, Thanks.