Kinematic Collisions with Dynamic bodies

jimmyb

Kinematic Collisions with Dynamic bodies

Post by jimmyb »

I'm having an issue with collisions between a kinematic body and dynamic bodies.
At the moment, I have them all set up as boxes the same size, on a flat plane (static) with world gravity.

The kinematic box is controlled by the player, when a dynamic box collides with the kinematic box, it goes flying off ridiculously.

They seem to be overreacting to the collision as if the kinematic box is hitting them really fast.

Is this a common issue? I've tried things like damping and restitution and giving them a really high mass.

Any help would be great!
Basroil

Re: Kinematic Collisions with Dynamic bodies

Post by Basroil »

jimmyb wrote:I'm having an issue with collisions between a kinematic body and dynamic bodies.
At the moment, I have them all set up as boxes the same size, on a flat plane (static) with world gravity.

The kinematic box is controlled by the player, when a dynamic box collides with the kinematic box, it goes flying off ridiculously.

They seem to be overreacting to the collision as if the kinematic box is hitting them really fast.

Is this a common issue? I've tried things like damping and restitution and giving them a really high mass.

Any help would be great!
Sounds like you're getting bodies to penetrate and error correction is over-reacting. Tried lowering the ERP from that collision?