Problems with 'skipping' across flat surface.

Darinth

Problems with 'skipping' across flat surface.

Post by Darinth »

I've got a functional voxel-based engine that I was doing my own physics for, and decided after spending far to much time getting simple physics to all function properly to integrate bullet into the application. I've gotten most of the integration finished now, but am still having one issue that I can't figure out. The world is split into 16x16x16 areas called sectors and each sector builds a btCompoundShape that is composed of collision shapes for the accessible blocks. It's got a debug renderer working (at least for wireframes) and the blocks all appear to line up and produce a flat surface properly, but when I run a cylinder shape across surface and use setAngularFactor to prevent it from tipping over the cylinder appears to 'catch' on the edges of the blocks and get thrown into the air slightly, generating an effect similar to skipping off of the ground. This does not happen when I simply run it over a single flat, continuous surface. Any ideas on what I might be able to do to fix this issue?