btDefaultCollisionConfiguration causing access violation

LoneJock

btDefaultCollisionConfiguration causing access violation

Post by LoneJock »

Update

I decided to try building and using Bullet 3.0 and that has stopped the memory access violation exception but I'm still curious to hear anyone's thoughts about how and why I was experiencing this problem.

Hi everyone!

I believe this is the right place to post this, please let me know if that's not the case.

I'm having a rather odd problem. I was previously using Bullet with VS2012 and everything was hunky dory. I then switched to VS2013 and of course encountered errors for the mismatched VS version for the Bullet library files I was using. So I took the source for Bullet 2.82-r2704 which I had used before and built it for VS2013. That got rid of the mismatched VS error. However, when I compiled and tried to run my program I kept getting a memory access violation and it was being caused by one of the Bullet source files. I've compiled an album of screenshots on Imgur that I'll link to rather than fill this post with them. http://imgur.com/a/t3yU6

Basically, it seems as though when the

Code: Select all

btDefaultCollisionConfiguration
is being constructed, the

btDefaultCollisionConstructionInfo 
it uses hasn't been assigned the proper values for its members, per its own ctor. This in turn causes the wrong value to be passed into a call to

btPoolAllocator
which is where the memory access violation occurs.

I'm just ever-so-slightly baffled by this. If anyone has any information or corrections I can make, or what I could have done when building the library to have caused this, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. If you need any more information then let me know.

LJ