Title: Senior Physics Programmer
Reporting to: Lead Programmer
• Be in charge the physical simulation and real-world dynamics.
• Support and interface with the game project team to solve physics
• Implementation of physics solutions using physics middleware
• Ability to technically design, implement and review physics systems to use in the development of the game in a specific time frame
• Ability to optimize and debug codes, from low-level libraries to in-game codes
• Ability to consider cross platform issues and develop for cross platform API’s
• Generate the highest quality work, leading to the highest quality games
• Ability to schedule own work, and honestly and openly appraise personal and project progress
• Positive contribution to team goals, and project focus
• Responsible adherence to, and proactive contribution towards, the EIDOS Coding Standards.
Experience and Qualifications
• Minimum of 5 years experience as a programmer in the industry
• Minimum of 1 published title – at least one as physics specific programmer on a videogame
• Experience with third party physics engines (PhysX preferred).
• Good mathematics skills
• 3 published titles – at least two as physics specific programmer on a videogame will be considered an asset
• Experience in developing a physics engine will be consider an asset
• Excellent C++
• Strong OOD skills
• Experience writing simulation code for components such collisions, contact force calculation, fluid-dynamics
• Experience on PS3 and/or XBOX 360 an advantage
• Experience in optimization
• Experience with Fluid Simulation is an asset
• Experience mentoring junior programmers
• Team Player
• Open to constructive criticism
• Good Communicator
Motivation and Interests
• Ambition and passion for video games are essential!