Glue/Strength/Power in Maya ?

Physics APIs, Physics file formats, Maya, Max, XSI, Cinema 4D, Lightwave, Blender, thinkingParticles™ and other simulation tools, exporters and importers
toxik

Glue/Strength/Power in Maya ?

Post by toxik »

When will be option like glue/strength/power available in bulletDynamica for Maya plugin ?

Example video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qi81_2zsbVA&hd=1
mBakr

Re: Glue/Strength/Power in Maya ?

Post by mBakr »

at the moment, it's possible to break constraints via a frame trigger, using an expression. given a rigid body shape named "dRigidBodyShape1" connected to inRigidBodyB of a constraint named "dSixdofConstraint1", and a desired break frame of 50; the following expression will work:

if (frame == 1)
{
connectAttr ("dRigidBodyShape1" + ".message") ("dSixdofConstraint1" + ".inRigidBodyB");
}

if (frame == 50)
{
disconnectAttr ("dRigidBodyShape6" + ".message") ("dSixdofConstraint1" + ".inRigidBodyB");
}

it ensures the constraint is reset on frame 1, and broken on frame 50.

to apply this to multiple rigid bodies, you could add to this manually or generate it using a script.
ErikJE

Post by ErikJE »

That youtube video is soooooooo much more than glue/strength/power. DMM uses FEM simulations (as used for soft bodys in bullet) for fractures.

Glue/strength/power is currently supported by bullet and someone which understood the dynamica plugin code good could probably implement it in some hours. For me the code at the moment is a little weird structured and the lack of any comments at all dont make it easier to wrap the head around.

You can hope that i dont get any work after my thesis and i will probably have time to atleast fix glue function.
toxik

Post by toxik »

mBakr wrote:at the moment, it's possible to break constraints via a frame trigger, using an expression. given a rigid body shape named "dRigidBodyShape1" connected to inRigidBodyB of a constraint named "dSixdofConstraint1", and a desired break frame of 50; the following expression will work:

if (frame == 1)
{
connectAttr ("dRigidBodyShape1" + ".message") ("dSixdofConstraint1" + ".inRigidBodyB");
}

if (frame == 50)
{
disconnectAttr ("dRigidBodyShape6" + ".message") ("dSixdofConstraint1" + ".inRigidBodyB");
}

it ensures the constraint is reset on frame 1, and broken on frame 50.

to apply this to multiple rigid bodies, you could add to this manually or generate it using a script.
Yes, but this solution is only Active/Passive frame, like in classic Maya rigidbodies dynamics.
Thx for reply